Lake Country Business Excellence Awards winners
Published on February 15, 2023 by Okanagan Journal
And the winners are…
Brick House Beauty won the Business of the Year award at the 2022 Business Excellence Awards.
The Lake Country Chamber of Commerce put on the 1950s themed event last week at the Creekside Theatre.
“I think we can speak for all of the local businesses when we say we have the most amazing community here in Lake Country,” says Brick House Beauty. “We truly appreciate you shopping local and continuing to support us.”
The boutique salon is located on Hill Road.
The Young Entrepreneur award went to Brooke Sproule, who runs Sproule & Daughters Farm in Oyama. She and her husband bought the family farm in 2020 from her parents (who had bought the farm from their parents in 1991).
“Tanner and I are so honoured to be named entrepreneur of the year at the Lake Country Chamber of Commerce awards ceremony last night,” says Brooke. “Thank you all for believing in our business and supporting our farm and dream.”
Other award winners this year are:
- Trade Service Provider is Metric Electric Ltd.
- Tourism Experience is Rose Hill Orchard
- Professional Service Provider is Turtle Bay IT
- Health Service Provider is Healthy Essentials Clinic
- Food, Beverage and Lodging is OKF Grill
- Environmental & Sustainability Leadership is Lake Country Compost
- Farmgate is Gambell Family Farm
- Community Impact Award is Lake Country Food Assistance Society
This week is Chamber of Commerce Week in BC.
“The 125 chambers of commerce throughout BC are relied on more than ever as they support boards of trade alongside 36,000 businesses of every size, sector and region in our province. They are rising to the challenge to ensure strong, resilient businesses and communities,” says Minister of Jobs, Economic Development and Innovation Brenda Bailey in a statement.